Five Festive Things To Do In NYC This Holiday Season
The holidays come only once each year, so why not make the most of the season by indulging in all the fun and fabulous festivities that New York City has to offer! Here’s our list of Top 5 things to do about town this week for those spending the holidays in the Big Apple!
1. Get a photo of a miniature Santa sitting on your lap at Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! Times Square, where Reverse Santa helps to spread a little holiday cheer on Christmas Eve from 12pm to 7pm and December 26th through December 29th from 12pm to 7pm!
2. Stroll the Holiday Shops at Bryant Park, a European-inspired open-air market filled with trinkets and treasures from artisans around the world. You’ll find plenty of last minute gifts here for the last people on your shopping list.
3. If the holidays have a tendency to drive you nuts, indulge in a little therapy at Freud’s Last Session! This smash Off-Broadway play has been delighting critics and audience members alike for two years!
4. Even if the luxurious goodies filling the shops that line 5th Avenue are a bit out of your budget, the glorious window displays are free to “ooh” and “ahh” over. Saks is a standout this year with its magical light show projected onto the flagship building’s facade, titled the Snowflake and Bubble Spectacular.
5. If not even the holiday spirit can prevent you from thinking and talking like an intellectual, make sure to check out The Women’s Theatre Project’s How the World Began, beginning performances on December 28 at The Peter Jay Sharp Theater. In this gripping new play, a high school biology teacher leaves Manhattan for a job in rural Kansas only to create a controversy after making an off-handed comment about the origins of the universe in her classroom.